This is the second post in our four-part blog series based off of SYLO’s research study that was featured in a recent presentation that I gave at Buffer Festival in Toronto. The first post is filled with stats and insights into the digital, social media, content marketing, and influencer marketing landscapes, and can be read here.
This second post now dives research study that SYLO conducted on several influencers and their content to analyze storytelling and cross-promotion trends.
The main question SYLO set out to answer with this study was: “How can brands activate influencers’ audiences and support their storytelling initiatives across every social channel?”
To answer this, SYLO conducted a study on nearly 489 pieces of branded content produced by creators on our platform who have cross-promoted their YouTube videos on other social media platforms. We measured the performance of these posts with the SYLO Score, the standardized metric for influencer marketing. Here is a quick overview of the SYLO Score:
The performance data on the content in this study is verified, accurate, transparent, and independently reported.
127 of the 489 pieces of branded content we analyzed were YouTube videos. 37% of those videos were cross-promoted on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram. 63% were standalone videos i.e. not cross-promoted.
- We found that YouTube videos that were cross-promoted scored 47% higher than those that weren’t cross-promoted.
- Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram content that cross-promoted the YouTube videos had an average 9% higher SYLO Score than any other type of content on those platforms.
- Creators with cross-promotions accounting for more than 10% of their branded content saw a 58% higher score on average for that content…proving that Consistency is Key!
So how can we use these findings to tell better stories? The next post in this series dives into the storytelling insights that marketers need to know! If you haven’t already, be sure to read the first post in the series on the landscape in which influencer marketing is quickly claiming a larger and larger stake.
More posts from this series:
- Part One: Cross-Promoting Content On Social Media
- You’re reading it!
- Part Three: Storytelling Insights You Need to Know
- Part Four: Three Tips for Social Influencer Cross-Promotions
Image source: Pixabay